Yale's top 10 quotes of 2007
1. "Don't tase me bro" - Florida student Andrew Meyer as he was arrested for heckling Senator John Kerry.
2. "I personally believe that US Americans are unable to do so because some people out there in our nation don't have maps and I believe that our education like such as in South Africa and Iraq and everywhere like such as and I believe that they should our education over here in the US should help the US or should help South Africa and should help Iraq and the Asian countries so we will be able to build up our future for us." – Miss South Carolina Lauren Upton.
3. "In Iran we don't have homosexuals like in your country" - was Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's comment during a speech at New York's Columbia University.
4. "That's some nappy-headed hos there" – shock jock Don Imus' comment about a university basketball team that cost him his job.
5. "I don't recall." - Former US Attorney General Alberto Gonzales' repeated response to questioning at a congressional hearing about the firing of US attorneys.
6. "There's only three things he (Republican presidential candidate and former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani) mentions in a sentence: a noun and a verb and 9/11." - Senator Joseph Biden, speaking at a Democratic presidential debate.
7. "I'm not going to get into a name-calling match with somebody (Vice President Dick Cheney) who has a nine per cent approval rating." - Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, a Democrat.
8. "(I have) a wide stance when going to the bathroom." - Idaho Republican Sen. Larry Craig's explanation of why his foot touched that of an undercover policeman in a men's room.
9. "I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy. I mean, that's a storybook, man." - Biden describing rival Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama.
10. "I think as far as the adverse impact on the nation around the world, this administration has been the worst in history." - Former President Jimmy Carter in an interview in the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette newspaper.